Sunday, October 11, 2009

Getting Conference Pack



As I left the Hotel So I wander of down the street looking at my map working out where Conference Centre was. I wandered through some great shops to Cathedral Square. I stopped and had a peek in at the Cathedral, wandring arouns amazed at the architecture.

The walls, the fine structure and the amazing stain glassed windows.
The organ started ups and some amazing music started, making you feel relaxed as you wandered around. Later the choir arrived in and started singing from various carols to a fulll fanfare. It was 20 minutes later we were told the evening Sunday service will be starting in 30 minutes and we were invited to attend but the doors were closing for visitors for the day.


I continued on to conference passing the Town Hall and glorious fountain and then crossed over the Avon River where I saw a punt slowly moving down stream.


Finally at the Conference Events Centre and totally awestruck by the size of it. Wandered in and was greeted by a lovely young lady in Black who directed through the little indoor garden to the Main conference Desk. Here I queued to pick up my Conference pack. I was meeting some new Librarians and chatting about whats happening in our respective libraries and how busy it has been this year. We exchanged business card and got our packs. I then ran into Joanne Ransom whom I went to Library School with soem 20 years ago. We had a good catch up.

We were now being called into the exhibitors for welcome speeches and and welcome drinks. Here I listen to our LIANZA President Barbara Garriock giving a welcome speech to the delegates and welcome and thanks to the exhibitors for making this conference possible.
I caught up with Terry from 3M and chatted with him as well as Andy from NZMS and the team from Knowledge Basket.

It was 7pm by the time we left and Andy & Jo from NZMS had invited me to dinner. I took a photo of the Conference Events Centre in its night Glory.

Must dash to dinner 8pm I meeting Andy and Jo.



No comments:

Post a Comment